Monday, October 19, 2009

The Perhentian Island Backpacking (2nd story) - transportation


I backpacked there on July last year.
It was the busiet time to take a trip and at that time I just got one week break.
I know backpacking to the Perhentian Island seems impossible without any reservation for accommodation and transfortation.
But you know, no pain and no gain :)
In addition, my other half is always with me.

How about this?
you should join this trip now, huh?

I was so stupid, do you know why?, I went to the terminal on Friday.
Friday is busy all the time even if it's not holiday season.
I used KTM train to go to the putra bus terminal.
When I arrived there, it was around 6 p.m.
Even though I'm unfamiliar with Malaysia, I already noticed there would be no tickets there.
So I just thought that I would go there the next day or went back to the train station.

Just after I got off the train, I could find the hentian putra bus terminal.
A lot of buses were on the both side the road. That's why I found there easily.

Okay. Let's go inside the terminal.
Please, the ticket's left there, please again~~
As soon as I enter the terminal, he came to me so I asked about the ticket for kuala besut. And he said "No" but there was a ticket to go to jerteh and it cost RM45.
I was suspicious of the rip-off so I asked the counter about the ticket and he told me that they were sold out already.
So I didn't have any option at that time and it was finally time to go there~~

jerteh is my destination and cost is RM45.
The departure time is 9:00 p.m.
They said that it would take for around 9hours.
So I could arrived around 6 a.m. the next day.
I thought if I arrived 6 a.m., I could go to kuala besut at 7 a.m. and I could get on the first boat to go to the Perhentian Island.
So I got 3 hours free time:)
I went to the mall located next to the terminal and went downstairs to grab a bite.

I ate dinner at the restraunt on the picture above.




It's very simple bento box, huh?
It's around RM15~20 with one ice lemon tea.


According to my research, it's really tough to get water on the Perhentian Island so I bought that and some cookie.
As I've experienced, it's very priceless to bring some food especially when we backpack on the island which has few stores or place to eat.
Don't forget this.
Okay..
There was no seat number so I had to hurry up to take a nice seat.
And the bus was not quite good and departed around 10 p.m. (oh my god)
Anyway I fell a sleep.
Next posting.
I'll show more information to you~~

No comments:

Post a Comment


  © Blogger template 'Computer Logo' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP