Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Staying in KL during National holiday



Malaysia ,as you know, is islam country. One of the national holiday in malaysia is called Hari Raya.
I heard that during the Hari Raya muslim people do not eat food for the day.
So I have something curious. If some national sports players play the game during the Ramadhan, should they do the starvation at that time?
Because I'm so new about Islam relition and culture so my imagine can go anywhere at this moment.
And one of my friedns told me this rule.
There are some exception case here.
Especially children, youngsters, pregnent women, and elders cannot keep the starvation and I think it's so reasonable..
And if some people have special case like taking long trip, they can get discharge from their responsibilities and they will supplement later.
Yes. Here they are.
I think that there are consideration in any religion.
GDO bless us anytime and anywhere so give generisity to people who are in serious troubles.
This one month starvation period give muslim people perseverance and patience and it makes them more improved and developed.
After Ramadhan, finally Hari Raya will come.
This festival and celevration can keep around one month.
I know it's just 2~3days in Malaysia but most company and department of government give about 1 week to them.
It's like huge party in here.
During the Ramadhan period, especially in the afternoon, the city is inactive and the market is slack.
But now Hari Raya is started, everything is different, you know what?, you should join this celevtration party.



And at the first day, usually men put on the Baju Melayu, and women have on the Baju Kurung which are traditional cloths in Malaysia.
And they go to the Mosque to pray.
I just heard that this day and Hari Ray Haji can allow women to enter to mosque to pray.
I'm so feeling sorry for women only to go there two times a year.
Because I guess they also want to go there often.
But rule is the rule~~
I just hope that..... cheer up women~~

And there is the open house.
Every muslim people open their house to poors..
They give and offer some food and enjoy their generisity for around 3 days.
But some open the house for about 1 month.

All right.
I think it's enough to explain Ramadhan and Hari Raya.
If you are in this period, please don't be surprised at this unique culture.
And I know there are some special Ramadhan sale or beffet for Ramadhan.
So we can enjoy this exotic culture in here.
And try this special Ramadhan food~~



No comments:

Post a Comment


  © Blogger template 'Computer Logo' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP